I’m David Hughes Harris, your Venice car accident lawyer. Having 20 years’ experience in aggressively representing Venice Florida’s personal injury victims as their car accident lawyer, I’ve learned the lessons of what to do, what not to do, and how to get you the compensation you deserve. Whether through early settlement negotiations, litigation, or trial, I fight to get you the compensation you need.
Through an honest and open communication approach to your claim, as a team we can recoup maximum value. This happens through a process of:
- Regular updates
- Ongoing Q&A when needed
- Working behind the scenes for you, saving you time
- Focusing on the details and timing involved in a successful claim
Do You Want To Speak To A Car Accident Lawyer?
I'm ready to hear about how you were injured and present some options. Feel free to contact me using the link to the right and I'll get in touch with you asap.
In any a car accident personal injury claim, you want and need an experienced and aggressive lawyer. This is very important to obtaining maximum compensation. Contact me directly by calling or contacting me online to begin your free initial consultation. I will win your case or you don’t owe me any fees or costs.
General Information From Your Venice Car Accident Lawyer Perspective:
- Car accidents occur frequently, damaging property and lives. Some car accidents occur because drivers don’t pay attention to the road, such as texting and driving or talking on a cell phone. Other auto accidents occur because a drunk driver or aggressive driver tailgates and weaves in and out of traffic. In every instance, the crash is avoidable, and the driver should be held accountable. If you are in Venice or the surrounding southwest Florida area I help you collect compensation after a crash as your personal injury attorney.
- Motorcycle accident Lawyer Venice Florida involve motorcyclists ride riding our local streets, roads, and highways for both fun and to commute to work. In a motorcycle crash, the rider has little protection, and severe injuries often result from impact with another vehicle. Drivers of vans, trucks, and cars are required to share the road, and when they fail to do so, the consequences can be catastrophic. I help you obtain financial compensation after a crash.
- Truck accidents often result in personal injury when truck drivers, under pressure to deliver goods quickly, drive more hours than they should, or fail to sleep enough. Careless driving by truckers is often traced to the trucking company, which ignores trucking regulations. These massive vehicles can cause severe damage to a passenger vehicle due to their immense size and weight. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck related accident in the southwest Florida area I can help you get money you deserve after a crash as your personal injury attorney.
- Bicycle accidents involve cyclists who come in all ages. Because Venice bicyclists ride our local streets and roads for leisure, and increasingly as a mode of transportation to work or the supermarket, they come into frequent contact with motor vehicle traffic. When drivers do not share the road with bicyclists, bike accidents happen, and often result in head injury, spine damage, or fractures. As your personal injury lawyer I can help you get money you need after an accident.
Local Accidents Also Involve Commercial Vehicles, Boats, and More
I’m your local and experienced Venice car accident lawyer. However, my practice and experience includes large vehicles and watercraft injuries.
- Commercial vehicle accidents involve company vehicles, such as vans and contractor tucks. Common examples include landscaping trucks, roofing trucks, service vans, and furniture delivery vehicles. Trucks used by contractors, such as air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical repair vehicles, are other types. Mid-size trucks, such as delivery trucks delivering goods to grocery stores and specialty retail stores, are also commercial in nature. If you were injured while operating a commercial vehicle in Florida (Venice and surrounding areas), or struck by someone driving a commercial vehicle I can proved you representation and fight to get you the compensation you deserve after a crash.
- Boating accidents often occur in Florida when boaters ignore maritime rules and regulations. Our U.S. Coast Guard and Florida boating laws are designed to promote safety for vessels, passengers, and wildlife. When basic safety rules are ignored or violated, fun turns into disaster, resulting in major injuries or death. I can help you.
In every crash or collision, there is fault. I personally work with you in building your case and holding liable parties accountable for your damages. Sadly, some crashes are fatal. Wrongful Death unfortunately results from major vehicle accidents. Motor vehicle collisions are the single biggest cause of accidental death. Your loved one is gone, but your financial struggles have only begun. I fight for answers, your loved one’s memory, and justice after a fatal crash.
My aim as Your Local Venice Car Accident Lawyer is helping victims of crashes recover compensation for:
- medical bills
- pain and suffering
- lost income
Moreover, I work hard to make this process as effortless for you as possible while aggressively seeking money you deserve. Your time should be spend recovering
Injured by a Careless Driver? Contact Me Now.
I am an experienced Venice car accident lawyer who fights for results.
Crashes are shocking events and happen in an instant. Furthermore, in this split second, your life dramatically changes.
I'm Currently Taking On New Car Accident Related Cases
Schedule your free consultation.
Your next call may be one of your most important. Contact me right now.
Do not delay when hiring a car accident lawyer and starting your claim.
While you are healing from your injuries at the hospital or your home, going to doctors for care, and enduring pain, as a car accident lawyer I provide your legal experience, focus, and drive to obtain money for you. Careless driving causes daily motor vehicle accidents in Venice. Moreover, while some crashes are just property damage headaches, many more cause major injuries.
Especially relevant, major injuries interrupt your life, job, retirement, and activities of daily living. Here are some examples from clients in my practice:
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Head Injury
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Pain and suffering
Sadly, more people are seriously injured from car wrecks, motorcycle crashes, and commercial vehicle accidents than any other trauma. The consequences upon you are your family are often devastating. Accordingly, do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your circumstances. Your consult is free, so let’s get started now.
An explanation of why crashes happen:
Every motor vehicle crash is preventable. These incidents happen because at least one driver makes an error. This mistake, in turn, affects people like you. Accordingly, now you know why so many insurance claims against negligent drivers exist.
In addition, auto accidents simply don’t happen. Instead, a driver is careless or reckless. Here are some examples of how crashes happen due to driver errors:
- Using mobile phone
- Texting while driving
- Using mobile devices
- Drunk driving
- Failing to yield
- Running stop sign
- Running red lights
- Aggressive driving
- Drowsy driving
This list is endless. However, common characteristics overlaying all these causes are distraction, aggression, or impairment. At least one driver is not paying attention or a driver decides to take needless risks. For example, a driver darts through an intersection trying to beat a red light or makes a quick left turn trying to beat oncoming traffic. In each instance, a bad driver makes a bad choice.
When we’re driving, we see these behaviors throughout Venice FL. everyday. In fact, throughout our Venice region, we average anywhere from 15-30 vehicle crashes per day and nearly 200 per week.
But, did you these careless drivers cause severe, painful, and costly injuries to others—like you—each day?
If you are hurt because of a careless driver in any type of vehicle crash, then contact me immediately. I aggressively pursue all compensation you need and deserve from bad drivers and their insurance companies. Don’t let an insurance company bully you into a low-ball settlement or try to blame you, the victim. I’ll stand with you and against these bullies.
How Your Venice Car Accident Lawyer Should Build Your Case
There are basic elements to prove fault in car accidents. Personal injuries resulting from a car crash must be proven with evidence, or facts.
Accordingly, we must prove a driver is negligent or careless to hold that driver and insurance company responsible for damages. To make our case, we must establish the following:
- Duty—every driver must use reasonable care, drive safely, obey rules of the road
- Breach—violating this duty
- Causation—breach of duty must cause your damages
- Damages—your actual harm, such as personal injury, pain and suffering, financial loss, property damage
These basic negligence elements apply to every accident claim. So, this is how I assess another driver’s fault and the initial damages valuation. Under Florida law, every element is proven with facts.
Applying these negligence factors, your accident attorney must prove another driver did not act reasonably under the circumstances. For example, a driver breaks a traffic law. And, this violation causes actual harms and losses.
Cause and effect are critical. Instead, if your auto accident did not actually cause injury or other damage, then then no claim exists.
Every driver must use reasonable care when operating a motor vehicle. Accordingly, all motor vehicle drivers share this common requirement. Indeed, obeying traffic signals and traffic controls are examples of exercising reasonable care. Often, I can point to these basic violations as grounds for liability.
To win your case, I must also prove your crash causes, or results in, your damages. In other words, but for this accident, you would not suffer these harms and losses. Damages are your injuries, pain, suffering, inconvenience, lost income, and medical bills. Your doctor plays a role here by showing your injuries result from your accident.
Your Venice Car Accident Lawyer Should Pursue Justice for Injured Persons:
Every car crash is a frightening situation. Also, when serious injuries result from a wreck, then your primary focus is on getting better and re-building your life. With 20 years’ experience aggressively representing injured persons harmed in vehicle crashes, I serve injured persons like you throughout Venice County Florida and surrounding communities.
Critically, I value you. You stay informed and involved in your car accident claim. Certainly, your opinions matter and are always welcome.
As your Venice car accident lawyer its extremely important I practice hands-on lawyering. This means I personally work with you on your case from day one. I represent good people throughout are local communities, including Venice Florida, North Port, Nokomis, Osprey, Englewood and Sarasota.
Using your circumstances, the law, and your voice, I work to obtain maximum money compensation for all your injuries. Available to you and responsive to your questions and needs, I personally pursues justice for you and with you.